Oxfordshire Family Support Network – Moving Into Adulthood Event
Tuesday 4th of November 2014 – 9.30am to 4.30pm – Kassam Stadium, Grenoble Rd, Oxford, OX4 4XP
For the last five years Oxfordshire Family Support Network (OxFSN) has held a large information fair at the Kassam Stadium Conference & Events Centre. This year instead of the Fair we held a ‘Moving into Adulthood’ (Transition) event specifically for families of disabled young people and the professionals who work with them.
Planning for the future with young disabled people can be a stressful time for families. To add to this we are currently in a time of major changes in all services, with new legislation and policies. This event provided an opportunity for parents and professionals to hear about these changes and what they mean for young people moving into adult life and their families.
The event consisted of a conference, with expert speakers and presentations on key issues such as:
- The law (including the Mental Capacity Act)
- Support planning
- The SEND reforms (including what’s happening locally)
In the breaks there were opportunities to visit the exhibition, with stall holders from a range of different organisations and service providers.
At the event OxFSN launched the first in the series of our Moving into Adulthood and Getting a Life guides – Getting Started. Download a copy of the guide here:
Please follow the links to view the speaker profiles & presentation slides:
- Moving Into Adulthood Programme
- 1-Moving-into-Adulthood-2014 – Steve Broach
- 2-Moving-into-Adulthood-2014 – Nicola Gitsham
- 3-Moving-into-Adulthood-2014 – OCC SEN Reforms
- 4-Moving-into-Adulthood-2014 – Oxfordshire Online Community
- 5-Moving-into-Adulthood-2014 – Liz Wilson
- 6-Moving-into-Adulthood-2014 – Yellow Submarine
- 7-Moving-into-Adulthood-2014 – Kathy Melling
- 8-Moving-into-Adulthood-2014 – Golden Lane Housing
Oxfordshire Family Support Network