- Are you a family carer who is currently unemployed because of caring responsibilities?
- Would you like to gain confidence and gain skills and knowledge that would help you and your family?
- Maybe you might be interested in helping share information and support with families who have children or adults with SEN and Disabilities local to you?
- Interested in getting an accreditation that would help you with volunteering, training or even help you to think about getting a job?
Would you like to find out more about :
- Learning about how to make good plans to support you and your family – the essentials of person-centred thinking
- Personal budgets and managing the money
- Social and health care system basics and where to get help
- An introduction to the key bits of community care law – how it affects you and your family to enable you to get the right support and to keep them safe
- Planning for the future
How we will run the course:
- We will run the course for family carers with experienced family carers as trainers
- We will offer small groups and also the opportunity for some flexible mentoring
- Age is no barrier- over 50s welcome!
- A short course comprising of 6 sessions, running from January 2015 to end of March 2015, to be held at The Charter, Level 2, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 3LZ. (travel expenses may be paid).
Course dates: 10 am to 2 pm, on Mondays: 19 & 26 January – 2 & 16 February – 16 & 23 March
To find out more information about the course, meet OxFSN, and enrol you are invited to drop in to our open mornings to be held at:
West Oxford Community Centre, Botley Road. Oxford, OX2 0BT
- Wednesday 10th December 2014, 10AM to 1PM
- Monday 12th January 2015, 10AM to 12PM
Course content: View the outline description for the Creating Family Champions Course